Tim Schulte has been with the firm since its beginnings in the spring of 2006. He spent roughly the first half of his life in Germany where he graduated from the law school of the Georg-August Universität in Göttingen. After teaching English as a Second Language at Cornell University for several years, he went back to law school, receiving an LL.M. from the College of William & Mary and a J.D. from the University of Richmond.
Since 1997, he has been a trial lawyer in Virginia with a strong focus on all legal aspects of the employment relationship. Representing mainly employees, Schulte assists his clients in negotiating employment contracts and benefit packages. When employment relationships deteriorate, he represents his clients in grievances or other administrative procedures, for example before the EEOC or the Department of Labor. During a crisis – for example the illness of the employee or the employee's child or other family member – Schulte helps in asserting the employee's rights to medical leave under the FMLA or reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Further, Schulte assists employees who are victims of wrongful termination or unlawful discrimination, by negotiating severance agreements or navigating his clients' cases through litigation.
Whether in direct negotiations with employers, in administrative proceedings before federal or state agencies, or in litigation in trial or appellate courts, Schulte aggressively and skillfully looks after his clients' interests.
Schulte has been recognized as a Virginia Super Lawyer in Employment & Labor Law (2009-2014).
- University of Richmond, T.C. Williams School of Law, Richmond, Virginia, J.D., 1997
- College of William & Mary, Marshall-Wythe School of Law, Williamsburg, Virginia, LL.M., 1993
- Georg-August Universität, School of Law, Göttingen, Germany, Staatsexamen,1987
- All Virginia Courts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia
- Virginia Employment Lawyers Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Virginia State Bar
- Richmond Bar Association
- McNeil v. Haley South, Inc., 2010 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 95658 (E.D. Va. Sept. 13, 2010)
- Francisco v. Verizon South Inc., 2010 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 77083 (E.D. Va. July 29, 2010)
- Gerschick v. ECPI College of Technology, L.C. et al., 2:09-cv-00271-TEM (E.D.Va. August 6, 2009)
- SEHO North America, Inc. v. Trovato, 3:07-cv-00273-RLW (E.D.Va. July 10, 2007)